An Inspiration

When I first started teaching, it was shortly after my O'Levels.
I was awaiting admission when my Eldest Sister (You can call her my small mom😊) encouraged me to take up a teaching job at a learning center close to her place since the owner needed more hands.
I adhered to her advice, not knowing it was the foundation for a future I never perceived or saw coming.
After I gained Admission into the University, I continued teaching during the holidays and Strike periods (Thanks to the Govt. and ASUU😁).
During my Service Year, I also got to engage in Private teaching.
I must confess that the reality of my calling as a teacher didn't hit me until the dream jobs (working in a bank, FMCG companies, and the like) weren't forthcoming.
The age limits and restrictions that come with the said dream jobs were also not helpful. I resorted back to teaching along the line hoping the dream job would come along.
Little did I know that I was actually ordained 'A TEACHER'. Teaching had always resided in my blood.
I finally stopped struggling with this call of mine. I acknowledged and embraced it wholeheartedly.
My passion for teaching grew sporadically while my joy and fulfillment have known no bounds.
I have been privileged to teach children from early years to prepare them for entrance examinations into secondary school. I was also opportune to teach Agricultural Science in a Junior Secondary School under the N-power (N-teach) Programme.
I currently teach phonics as a part-time teacher and provide after-school services.
I have learned a lot on my journey as a teacher, and I haven't stopped learning.
I am grateful to everyone who has encouraged and supported me in my teaching sojourn.
I look forward to impacting more learners until my very last breath.
© Oluwaseun Ajayi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEACHSPIRATION

YOUR MIND

It's Resumption Time