Honoring Mr. Awe Badmus
I still vividly remember the dread that gripped me whenever mathematics was mentioned back in secondary school. I consistently failed woefully until I decided that I could never understand it - So I gave up.
My parents, trying to help, hired Mr. Awe Badmus as my private lesson teacher in maths. Of course, I wasn't sure this would make any difference 😅, but I went along with it anyway.
Three times a week, he would come to our home to teach me. His major weapon was his infectious enthusiasm for mathematics: I would watch him tackle complex math problems with evident joy - it was mesmerizing 🤷🏻♀ Who gets joy from maths? 😏
It was as if maths was his safespot, the only thing that made him happy, for as he solved each problem, his eyes would sparkle in a way that would make me wonder if he was seeing hidden treasures in the worksheet that I was missing 🫠
His approach to solving each quiz made me realize that math wasn’t just about numbers – it was about the thrill of discovery!
It got me equally interested, and for the first time in my life, I began to see maths as an exciting puzzle to unravel, not an intimidating foe to conquer.
Under Mr. Badmus’s guidance, I blossomed into a math whiz. Concepts that once baffled me became crystal clear. I began to tutor fellow students struggling with math, sharing the same enthusiasm and can-do attitude Mr. Badmus influenced me with.
Mr. Awe changed my life, because I have gone on to apply that approach to other things that look challenging to me. I approach it with an absolute can-do attitude. If I could break down and totally master all those complex and daunting looking math problems until solving them became a delight I looked forward to, I can do anything else!
Thank you Mr Awe ☺️.
~ Jewels
Comments
Post a Comment